While all the attention seems to fall on Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, do keep in mind that there is such as thing as the “Import Munitions List.” Defense articles imported into the United States require a license issued by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF). Yes, that is correct, defense imports are not under the State Department’s jurisdiction. Interested in reviewing the U.S. Import Munitions List? Go to:


The good news is that the annual registration fee with BATF is only $250. A much better deal than the $2250 fee charged by DDTC. Questions on imports of defense articles? Contact TSI Global Consulting, LLC.

Share via emailShare on FacebookShare on Twitter